On the basis of the Prime Minister's Decision No. 158 / QD-TTg of January 29, 2015 approving the scheme on experimental renewal of the operation mechanism of Ton Duc Thang University (TDTU) 2017; Official Letter No. 1239 / KTKDCLGD of Department of Educational Testing and Quality Assurance signed on July 28, 2014 on the recognition of diplomas awarded by TDTU's partner universities within the framework of bilateral cooperation between Ton Duc Thang University, include Technical University of Ostrava (www.vsb.cz), Tomas Bata University (www.utb.cz), Czech Republic; Official Letter No. 156 / KTKDCLGD-VB of the Department of Educational Testing and Quality Assurance signed on February 20, 2017 on the recognition of diplomas issued by TDTU's partner universities within the framework of bilateral cooperation between Ton Duc Thang University, include University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague (www.vscht.cz), Czech Republic;
TDTU is pleased to announce the admission of a part-time, sandwich program for the academic year 2018-2019 to lecturers, researchers, academic staff at universities and research institutes and other interested persons as follows:
A.STUDY PROGRAMMES AND BRANCHES:
1. Technical University of Ostrava:
b. Communication Technology ;
c. Computational and Applied Mathematics;
d. Electrical Machines, Apparatus and Drives;
e. Electrical Power Engineering;
g. Technical Cybernetics;
h. Theory of Construction;
j. Municipal Engineering and Construction;
k. Fire Protection Engineering and Industrial Safety.
2. Tomas Bata University:
a. Management and Economics;
c. Automatic Control and Informatics;
d. Engineering Informatics.
3. University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague:
d. Food Chemistry and Analysis;
e. Food Technology;
f. Environmental Chemistry and Technology.
B. DOCUMENTS FOR APPLICATION:
1. The notarized copy of the bachelor’s degree ;
2. The notarized copy of the bachelor’s transcripts;
3. The notarized copy of the master’s degree;
4. The notarized copy of the master’s transcripts;
5. Scientific curriculum vitae;
6. Letter of recommendation (for applicants apply to Tomas Bata University);
7. Foreign language competence:
a. Certificate of English proficiency equivalent to B1 (or 3/6 grade or above in Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) in subjects of study at the Technical University of Ostrava, University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague;
b. Certificates of English proficiency equivalent to B2 (or 4 /6 grade in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) in the majors at Tomas Bata University.
8. Essay on research topics.
The following applicants are not required to submit a certificate of English proficiency:
• Have bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree in a foreign country where the official language of instruction is English;
• Bachelor’s degree in English.
C. TIME AND TRAINING PROGRAM:
1. The training duration is 4 years.
2. The program of training, materials, curricula ... is of the Technical University of Ostrava, Tomas Bata University, University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague, Czech Republic.
D. TRAINING LOCATION:
1. Ton Duc Thang University (www.tdtu.edu.vn);
2. Technical University of Ostrava (www.vsb.cz);
3. Tomas Bata University (www.utb.cz);
4. University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague (www.vscht.cz).
1. Basic and specialized subjects are taught in English;
2. Essays, reports, dissertations... must be written, reported and defensed in English;
3. Defense PhD thesis: with the Dissertation Defense Board and conducted at the Technical University of Ostrava / Tomas Bata University / University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague.
1. Supervisor: Professors, associate professors of Technical University of Ostrava, Tomas Bata University, University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague, Czech Republic are professors with experience in scientific research. pedagogical level and experience in international cooperation;
2. Consultant: Professors, associate professors, PhDs of TDTU and other universities, who have experience in teaching, researching and participate in postgraduate training at least 3 year.
G. DIPLOMAS AND RECOGNITION OF DIPLOMAS:
1. The students completes their study, research assignments and successfully defends doctoral dissertation with the Dissertation Defense Board (Czech Republic), Technical University of Ostrava / Tomas Bata University/ University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague will award diploma.
2. The doctorate are received from this training program is recognized by the Ministry of Education and Training according to the Official Letter No. 1239 / KTKDCLGD of Department of Educational Testing and Quality Assurance signed on 28/7/2014 and the Official Letter No. 156 / KTKDCLGD of Department of Educational Testing and Quality Assurance signed on February 20, 2017.
H. TUITION FEE:
1. Tuition fee shall be paid by doctoral students. Course fees: 2018 - 2022 (Admission for study on September 2018) are as follows:
a. Communication Technology; Computational and Applied Mathematics; Electrical Machines, Apparatus and Drives; Electrical Power Engineering; Electronics; Technical Cybernetics: 66 million VND / academic year (equivalent to 3,000USD / academic year).
b. Theory of Construction; Geotechnics; Municipal Engineering and Construction; Fire Protection Engineering and Industrial Safety: 77 million VND/ academic year (equivalent to 3,500USD / academic year).
c. Management and Economics; Finance; Automatic Control and Informatics; Engineering Informatics.: 77 million VND / academic year (equivalent to 3,500USD / academic year).
d. Biochemistry; Microbiology; Biotechnology; Food Chemistry and Analysis; Food Technology; Environmental Chemistry and Technology: 77 million VND / academic year (equivalent to 3,500USD/ academic year)
2. The tuition fee in USD is the same throughout the course. Doctoral students pay tuition fees in Vietnamese currency corresponding to USD rate of Vietcombank for each time of payment. However, Czech policy allows universities in the Czech Republic to adjust their tuition fees separately (the following year may differ from the previous year).
3. TDTU has a policy of scholarships to doctoral students from the beginning of 2016. Doctoral students who wish to receive scholarships for this PhD program, please contact: Department for Management of Science & Technology Development (email@example.com) or Department of Graduate Studies (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information, conditions and application procedures.
I. TRAINING PROCESS, STUDY AND RESEARCH PLAN:
Study plan, study mainly consists of the following points:
1. Study and take exam basic, specialized, English subjects ;
2. Scientific research: articles, scientific reports, seminars and conferences;
3. Take the State Examination and defense of PhD dissertations;
4. Submit a doctoral dissertation for defense;
5. Defense doctoral dissertation;
6. The results of studies and research of doctoral students are the subjects in the training program, essays, papers were published on scientific journals, branch journals, and the dissertation successfully is defended.
J. ADVANTAGES OF THE PROGRAM:
• The quality of training and qualifications are valued throughout Europe and international;
• Technical University of Ostrava is among TOP (#201-250) of the best universities in the world according to The Times Higher Education BRICS & Emerging Economies University Rankings 2017; Tomas Bata University is a member of many international organizations such as the European Association University Association, with over 800 universities from 46 countries. The Polymer Center of the University is world-leading with more than 100 scientists and professors received prestigious awards such as the Rolex Award for Enterprise; University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague is the largest educational institution in the field of chemistry and technology in Central Europe, with a tradition spanning nearly two centuries. In 2017, the University was ranked the 152th of the best universities in the world by The Times Higher Education BRICS & Emerging Economies University Rankings 2017.
• TDTU is Vietnam's second-largest university, ranking No.1 in the Vietnamese university system in science and technology and new knowledge creation since early 2016. TDTU organizes international conferences for study and research of students such as ICFE2015, ICFE2016, ICFE2017; AETA2015, AETA 2017; ICAMER2016; CUTE2016; ICETI2016, ...; TDTU is also the founder and owner of two international magazines: i) The Journal of Information and Telecommunications (JIT) published by Taylor & Francis Publishing; and ii) Journal of Advanced Engineering and Computing (JAEC). The quality of the articles published on these two journals is equivalent to the article in the SCOPUS journal; recognized by many universities in Europe. As a result, students have many favorable conditions to complete their studies and graduate on time. Facilities and equipment for research and education at TDTU are now also the best in the country;
• The quality assurance requirements for Vietnamese students at TDTU are the same as in the Czech Republic. Vietnamese students have sufficient rights - obligations and quality of education as all Czech and other international.
PLEASE CONTACT THE EUROPEAN COOPERATION CENTER, TON DUC THANG UNIVERSITY
• Room 126, Building C, Ton Duc Thang University, No. 19, Nguyen Huu Tho Street; Tan Phong Ward, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City;
• Phone: (028) 3775 5107 Mobile: 0948 998 959 - 0916 127527;
• E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org;
• Website: http://www.tdtu.edu.vn, http://ecc.tdtu.edu.vn;
• Registration period: From the issuing date until June 15, 2018.
• Expected admission time: September, 2018